Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lost Boy

So just after Amanda headed off to school, I heard LOUD music start playing. I knew Dayne was going to let Bryce stay home from school since this is technically his last day (going camping with Dad in the morning and missing Thee last day). But this music is not what Bryce would be playing. It's the Bunny Hop, the Hokey Pokey, Boot Scootin' Boogie, Can't Touch This, and that dumb "I don't wanna be a chicken" song they play at sports games. (And as I type, they are now playing "All The Single Ladies"! Appropriate for K-6 graders, huh?) So anyway, I look out my bedroom window, and see this...

I think that's really cool, this new principal is way more fun than the old one. I also think Gabe would like to go out to the driveway and watch, since we're right next to the school yard. I look in his room (he's a LATE sleeper), not there. In the living room... huh. The backyard... ? Nope. He likes to play on the old Nintendo downstairs... Hu-uh. Now I'm getting mad. He KNOWS he cannot go past our fence that divides our yard and the school during school! I go out front and look through the crowds of kids, and sure enough. In the pic below, he's in the crowd of kids to the right... He's totally fitting in, no one seems to care that he doesn't belong at school, and has no clue he's going to regret leaving our yard when he comes home.

There's a downside to living next to an elementary school after all.

Can you see his bike on the black top? Ugh... What must those teachers think of That Lady that lets the school babysit her pre-Kindergartener?! LOL

In his defense, though, what kid could resist this??

Pics from our backyard.

When he came inside, I asked him where he was. He had the nerve to tell me "just riding my bike". When I showed him the picture I took of him and his bike on the school grounds, he just stared and me and tried really hard not to smile, which made ME smile, and then he burst out laughing. He whined, "But Moooom, they had bean bag throwing games!" Like that should have totally explained it all.

He is SO ready for school this fall!

2 comments:

Josh and Laurie said...

That looks like so much fun. I think I would have ran away to go play on it too :)

Grammy Staffy said...

Oh my goodness that must have scared you. How funny that he would run away to school. My students were always running away from school.

I hope I will get to see you while I am there for Justin's graduation.

I have 2 new grandsons and 2 that are almost grown men.... wow... that means that I am getting really old!!!!
(((hugs))) Lura